Thursday, March 15, 2012

A peaceful haven

This was taken in the grounds of the Mantra Treetops Resort in Cairns, Far North Queensland, Australia which I recommend. (You might, however, want to carefully choose the season of your travel as, being in the tropics, the humidity can be rather "testing" - but perhaps that's just me, generally preferring the cooler climes!).  There is so much to see and do "in the top end" (of Australia), I would encourage those of you who travel, to place it on your itinerary at some stage.

3 comments:

LadyFi said...

Oh, how lush and lovely!

I lived in Cairns for a year many many many years ago!

Fun60 said...

Loved this photo. Am visiting Cairns/Port Douglas in Oct. Flights booked but not accom as not sure where to stay. Any advice?

Valerie said...

Fun60: Thanks for visiting my blog. We were certainly very happy with the Mantra Treetops hotel - if you wish I can email you some other photos taken around the hotel or you could "Google" it. As it's a very popular spot, doubtless hotels are competitive with their offerings. Let me know if I can help out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...