Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Adelaide's skyline

On the weekend I joined a few friends on an outing I've not experienced since childhood:  a trip on "Popeye" - a motor launch which runs on Adelaide's River Torrens from the bank adjacent to the CBD to the Zoo on the City's northern perimeter with commentary by the pilot. The first of these launches began operating in 1935 and offer a very relaxing perspective of our city and its environs for locals and visitors alike.
Following are a few shots taken on the journey.....

 Part of Adelaide's skyline looking east past the Morphett Street Bridge, towards the Intercontinental Hotel dwarfing Parliament House on the left.

City bridge, linking the CBD with North Adelaide and suburbs beyond

The Convention Centre with city-based rowing club premises in the foreground

A "Popeye" launch

 

3 comments:

Steffi said...

Wonderful photos!Have a nice day!

Jenn Jilks said...

Valerie, I don't have a clue why you cannot participate in Our World Tuesday. . I noticed that the URL link you have has ...com.au on the end. I'm not sure why that is there.

I'm not sure at all. I'm really sorry. Sandy controls the blog, so she would be the one to ask. I'm getting fed up with it all! I am a hospice volunteer and don't need this frustration, as a volunteer, as well.

Valerie said...

Jennifer - sorry to have added to your frustrations with my question. It's not essential that my post appears on OWT and certainly is not worth getting upset about. Doubtless a solution will occur at some point. Hoping the rest of your week goes more smoothly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...