Saturday, January 24, 2015

Dad's influences

While decluttering my study recently, I came across the following photos taken by my late father more than 30 years ago and it reminded me of the influence he had on my life:  he was a keen amateur photographer who did his own developing and printing (in the 1950s - our bathroom was "off limits" when the light bulb above the door was red, it meant he was processing film). He also converted a barrel vacuum cleaner into an enlarger - an amazing man!
 
I think Dad would have used his Olympus Pen SLR on this occasion.
 
(These shots have not been altered by me - other than a wee bit of cropping - and the results are as scanned and loaded into Picasa. Had I been more au fait with scanning resolutions, the results might have been sharper)
 






 
 
Now I know the origin of my habit of seeking out reflections!
(He was also a lover of travel - which passion he's also passed on to me!)
 
Linking up with James' Weekend Reflection

9 comments:

Linda W. said...

These photos turned out very well. A fitting tribute to your father!

Vagabonde said...

These pictures are excellent – so clear and crisp, and thinking he took them 30 years ago I wonder what he would have done with the new cameras we have now. I have slides from 30 years ago but they are no way that good. He certainly had an eye for taking great photographs.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Obviously there's a photographic gene involved here. Some fine photos.

Anonymous said...

These are so sharp and beautiful! Easy to see why you're so proud of your dad!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Fantastic reflections. Colours are amazing. Have a lovely weekend.

maryaustria said...

Amazing photos of your father!

Fun60 said...

His photos are excellent. I would never have guessed that they were taken 30 years ago.

Anonymous said...

What lovely treasures - and memories'!

Polly said...

Lovely treasured photos Valerie, I think your father would be pleased with you sharing them with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...