Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Comox in Winter

While Adelaide, South Australia, was sweltering in temperatures above 40C, it began snowing in Comox the day after I arrived and continued for about a week.
Following are some of the scenes that "filled up my senses" for the ensuing 2 months.
My love for this part of our world has become firmly entrenched in my life
so I ask your forgiveness if I become repetitive with either the images or descriptions!
 
 The view over the Comox estuary looking towards Goose Spit
 
From Comox Harbour, adjacent to the Marina - again looking towards Goose Spit, but closer
 
 A sturdy Palm showing its resilience!
 
Within the residential part of Comox at dusk 

 Comox Marina
 
 I've had no success in identifying this bird, so would be most grateful if someone can do so!

Near Portuguese Joe's fish outlet 

On the banks of the Marina 

 A beautiful Robin enjoying the warmth of sunshine
Looking across the Marina Park towards the Beaufort Ranges 

Logs washed up on the shores of the Harbour 

 
A Blue Heron near the Marina's banks
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed a taste of the Comox Valley - there'll be more in coming weeks.
Linking up with the fascinating site Our World Tuesday and thanking our hosts
 

4 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I thought that couldn't be Adelaide!!!
The duck is a Surf Scoter, they spend much of their lives at sea but breed in Canada and Alaska. They occasionally appear off the British coast amid much excitement from the bird-watchers.

Lady Fi said...

Fabulous shots! I love that palm tree persisting in the snow.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I live in Florida and I don't think our palms would survive snow. Great shots!

Valerie said...

Thank you John for identifying this bird - much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...